The Coca-Cola Challenge

Well, I'm pregnant and although I'm pretty healthy about my food choices I do have a thing for Coca-Cola. My husband refers to it as my "$1 a day Coke habit". The thing is, although there have been lots of studies and whatnot on the safety of caffeine during pregnancy I just don't like to take chances with my babies (long story short - I had a miscarriage last year. Refer to my Mamabear Blog for the nitty gritty).

So, what is my point here? I bought some Caffeine Free Coke and regular Coke. Then, for fun, I did a blind taste test.

Surprisingly enough it was extremely hard to tell the difference. So, if you find yourself staring at the grocery store shelf contemplating giving up caffeine and not ready to give up the taste, rest assured it's not so bad.

1 comments:

  1. Tina K said...

    I've given up regular Coke for Diet Coke, cause I really don't need the empty calories and have never been able to give up soda for more than a week or two. I refuse to give up my caffeine. Diet caffeine free Coke tastes like nothing. Water at least tastes like water.

    I have cut back over the years. I do hope to be able to give it up when I'm pregnant. Only time will tell. I try to keep to one bottle (24 oz) a day now, which I have mixed success with.

    I maintain that if soda is your worst vice, all is well.  



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.